Social Legal Counsel
As Legal Counsel you will become part of the Napoleon Legal Department currently comprised of 3 members, being the head of legal, a legal counsel and a paralegal.
Although the scope of work is broad and diverse, the primary focus will be on providing legal support and advice to the HR team in the fields of employment and social security law. Besides supporting HR you will provide commercial and regulatory support and advice to all lines of business in order to enable Napoleon to accomplish its strategies and objectives while remaining within the boundaries of the applicable legal and regulatory framework.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide high-quality legal services in relation to all aspects of employment and social security law, including both individual law and collective labour relations, HR restructurings, social audits, litigation, international mobility, wellbeing at work, etc.
- Provide accurate legal support and advice to all lines of business and come up with practical solutions based on legal and regulatory risk assessment in a variety of legal areas (gambling law, commercial law, contract law, intellectual property law, etc.). You ensure an efficient and effective service that meets the quality criteria of the organization within the set terms.
- Assist the organization and follow-up on a variety of requests, claims, disputes and court cases to ensure the interests of the Napoleon are properly defended and safeguarded.
- Actively follow-up on changes in existing HR legislation and on new legislation having an impact on Napoleon and translate such into understandable and ready-to-use input for the impacted business lines.
- You have a Master degree in Law and a professional experience of more than 8 years preferably in the fields of employment and social security law.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch both written and oral. Good knowledge of French and English is considered to be a strong plus.
- Being a self-starter, having a can-do attitude, being an out-of-the box thinker who can work autonomously and within a team with a good attention to detail.